Jules & Gwen Knapp Enactus Ambassador Scholarship
To recognize the leadership, teamwork and communication skills developed in Enactus students.
The recipient of the award will receive a $10,000 scholarship to be used for educational purposes at the college or university he/she is attending on a full-time basis. The recipient will be recognized as the Knapp Enactus Ambassador for the year in which they receive the scholarship. As the Knapp Enactus Ambassador, the recipient will receive training from Enactus United States and may be asked by Enactus to represent the organization on campuses and/or at events throughout the academic year.
Possible Additional Awards
Two or more additional $2,500 scholarships may be awarded to eligible students. Students receiving additional scholarships will be named a Knapp Enactus Student Leader for one year and may be asked by Enactus to represent the organization on campuses and/or at events throughout the academic year.
- Be enrolled at a four-year college or university.
- Be a registered Enactus team member who competes at a Regional Competition during the year of application and the year the award is to be paid.
- Be an Enactus Service Leadership Award recipient during the year of application.
- Continue on the Enactus team at the same school and earn the Enactus Service Leadership Award the year the scholarship is paid.
- Be a sophomore or junior at the time of selection in order to use the funds for his/her junior or senior year.
- Have and maintain at least a 3.25 GPA or its equivalent.
- Be a United States citizen.
*If qualifications two, four and six are not maintained during the year the scholarship is paid, the recipient will forfeit the full amount of the award.
Qualified applicants will be evaluated based on:
- How significant a difference they have made in the success of their Enactus team.
- How significant a difference they have made in helping others succeed in the free enterprise system through their personal Enactus participation.
- How well they have demonstrated outstanding leadership.
- How well they have demonstrated superior communication skills.
- How well they have demonstrated the ability to be a team leader and a team player.
- How well they have demonstrated exemplary character.
- Financial need.
Applicants must submit the following information online:
- Cover page with name, school, address, Enactus team awards, etc. with no reference to race or gender.
- An unofficial college transcript.
- One-page essay on how Enactus has changed the applicant’s life.
- One-page essay on how the applicant has changed someone else’s life through Enactus.
- One-page recommendation from the applicant’s Sam Walton Fellow.
- One-page recommendation from two other people of the applicant’s choice.
To apply online, please click here.
- A panel of at least two Enactus board members and a representative of Jules and Gwen Knapp will review the applications and select a minimum of three finalists.
- The finalists will be interviewed by this same group at the National Exposition.
- The winner will be announced at the National Exposition.
All entries must be received through the online application process by April 1, 2013 at 5:00 p.m. CST.