Jules & Gwen Knapp Enactus Ambassador Scholarship
2015 $10,000.00 Winner: Jordyn Herzog, Carroll University - Waukesha, WI
2015 Finalists: (each received $2,500.00)
J.P. Dowling, University of Houston - Houston, TX
Andrew Ranzinger, La Sierra University - Riverside, CA
Matthew Rogers, University of Oklahoma - Norman, OK
To recognize the leadership, teamwork and communication skills developed in Enactus students.
The recipient of the award will receive a $10,000 scholarship to be used for educational purposes at the college or university he/she is attending on a full-time basis. The recipient will be recognized as the Knapp Enactus Ambassador for the year in which they receive the scholarship. As the Knapp Enactus Ambassador, the recipient will receive training from Enactus United States and may be asked by Enactus to represent the organization on campuses and/or at events throughout the academic year.
NOTE: Selection of the $10,000 scholarship winner is contigent upon receiving applications from qualified candidates. Enactus and the Knapp family reserve the right to withhold the funds if suitable candidates are not identified.
Possible Additional Awards
Two or more additional $2,500 scholarships may be awarded to eligible students. Students receiving additional scholarships will be named a Knapp Enactus Student Leader for one year and may be asked by Enactus to represent the organization on campuses and/or at events throughout the academic year.
NOTE: Additional awards will be disbursed at the discretion of the Knapp family and Enactus.
- Be enrolled at a four-year college or university.
- Be a registered, active Enactus team member on your institution's Enactus team.
- Be an Enactus 100-hour Service Leadership Award recipient during the year of application.
- Be a sophomore or junior at the time of selection in order to use the funds for his/her junior or senior year.
- Have and maintain at least a 3.25 GPA or its equivalent.
- Be a United States citizen.
Qualified applicants will be evaluated on the following:
- Explain how you have made a significant difference in the success of your team.
- How have you made a difference by helping others succeed in the free enterprise system through their personal participation?
- How have you demonstrated outstanding leadership?
- How have you demonstrated superior communication skills?
- How have you demonstrated the ability to be a team leader and a team player?
- Explain how you have demonstrated exemplary character.
- Elaborate on how this scholarship meets a financial need.
Applicants must submit the following information online:
- Cover page with name, school, address, Enactus team awards, etc. with no reference to race or gender.
- An unofficial college transcript.
- One-page essay explaining how Enactus has changed the applicant’s life.
- One-page essay explaining how the applicant has changed someone else’s life through Enactus.
- One-page recommendation from the applicant’sEnactus Advisor.
- One-page recommendation from two or more other people of the applicant’s choice.
- One-page resume.
To apply online, please click here.
- A panel of at least two Enactus board members and a representative of Jules and Gwen Knapp will review the applications and select a minimum of three finalists.
- The finalists will be interviewed by this same group at the Enactus United States National Exposition.
- The winner will be announced at the Enactus United States National Exposition and must be present to win.
All entries must be received through the online application process by February 13, 2015 at 5:00 p.m. CST.