o.b.® Call to Reduce Ocean Pollution
[ENTRIES NOW CLOSED]
How effectively did the Enactus team use business and economic concepts and an entrepreneurial approach to raise awareness of ocean pollution and engage in projects that empower others by reducing, reusing and/or recycling to decrease ocean pollution in the United States?
Each team will be evaluated on the following:
- Successful implementation of educational outreach to raise awareness of ocean pollution
- Degree of waste reduction achieved, as measured by environmental impact of reduced, reused, and/or recycled waste
- Degree of empowerment achieved for target audience
- Media exposure, as measured by gross media impressions, number of media hits and types of media utilized (teams are required to recognize o.b.® as the sponsor of the Ocean Pollution Topic Competition for any projects they plan to submit—teams will be provided with resources for o.b.® recognition)
- Project concept, execution, outputs and outcomes
The project submitted for this Topic Competition may be completed any time between September 1, 2012 and March 31, 2013.
All enrolled Enactus teams located in the following states are eligible to enter: AK, AL, AR, CA, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IA, IL, KY, LA, MA, MD, ME, MN, MO, MS, NC, NH, NJ, NY, OR, RI, SC, TN, TX, VA, WA and WI.
How to Enter
Teams entering the o.b.® Ocean Pollution Topic Competition are required to submit an online entry form describing the project that meets the criteria. Entries will be limited to 3,500 characters. All entries must be completed by April 1, 2013 at 5:00 PM CT. Reports received after this time will not be considered.
Email verification will be sent upon receipt of online entries by the Enactus United States Programs Department. Any team who completes an online report for this competition and does not receive this verification should contact Megan Edwards, Project Specialist at (417) 575-3528 or firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.
Online entries will be judged by a group of o.b.® representatives.
The top three entries will be selected to receive a Grand Prize Award and will be recognized at the 2013 Enactus United States National Exposition. Five finalist teams will receive $1,000.
National First Place: $7,500 & Trophy
National Second Place: $5,000 & Trophy
National Third Place: $2,500 & Trophy
Finalist (5): $1,000 & Plaque
Tools & Resources
Megan Edwards | Project Specialist, Enactus United States | (417)575-3528 email@example.com