RILA/Unilever Retail Scholarship
Sponsored by Unilever and the Retail Industry Leaders Association (RILA), the purpose of this scholarship is to encourage students to consider career opportunities in the retail industry and recognize one outstanding Enactus student who is planning to pursue a career within the industry.
The recipient of this award will receive:
- $5,000 scholarship for tuition at the college/university the recipient is attending for the 2014-2015 academic year.
- The option to participate in a summer internship with Unilever to experience how manufacturing interfaces with the retail industry.
- The opportunity to attend and be recognized at the annual RILA Leadership Forum in January 2015.*
In addition, the recipient’s Enactus team will receive:
- $1,000 project grant
*Enactus will pay for all travel related expenses associated with attending the leadership forum for the recipient.
- Be planning to pursue a career in the retail industry (this can include any job function within the industry, and may also include working for companies who supply the retail industry).
- Be a registered member of an Enactus team that competes at the National Competition during the year of application and the year the award is to be paid.
- Be an Enactus Service Leadership Award recipient during the year of application and the year the award is to be paid.
- Be a full-time student with at least a sophomore standing and have completed at least 30 credits at the beginning of the upcoming academic year.
- Have a minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale or its equivalent.
- Continue in school full-time during the academic year for which the award is made and continue in school without interruption, barring leaving the college/university due to illness, emergency, or military service.
- Be able to attend the RILA Leadership Forum (January 2015) to accept the award.
Applicants will be evaluated based solely on the information contained in the applications and supporting documentation.
All items must be received no later than January 15, 2014.
Applicants must submit the following information online:
- Official scholarship application.
- The application can be downloaded at www.sife.org
- Unofficial College Transcript(s)
- Include transcript from current college/university.
- Include transcript from any other college/university attended.
- Résumé limited to one page (1) and must contain the following:
- Business/Work Experience. Include paid, volunteer, full and part-time positions. Provide name of organizations, dates of employment, position held, description of responsibilities and accomplishments.
- Enactus Team Experience. Include length of time on team, positions held, Enactus United States Competitions participated in and any leadership responsibilities.
- Internships. Provide name of organization, dates of internship, supervisor’s name, description of projects on which you worked, knowledge gained and how this experience will impact your retail career.
- Honors, Awards, Special Recognition.
- Essay limited to two (2) pages, responding to the following:
- Why are you planning to pursue a career in the retail industry and what attributes/skills do you have that you believe will make you successful?
- You may also consider including information about:
- Your career goals and how you plan to attain them.
- Your most meaningful challenge you have had in life/ business and how you addressed it.
- Any personal, business, educational, or leadership experiences that would be meaningful in your selection for this scholarship.
- What it would mean to you to receive this scholarship.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation. Each must be provided in a sealed envelope from the person making the recommendation. Recommendations should speak to the applicant’s academic merit, professional goals and leadership qualities.
- One (1) letter of recommendation from the applicant’s Sam Walton Fellow.
- One (1) letter of recommendation from a fellow Enactus team member.
- One (1) letter of recommendation from a professor or academic advisor.
Complete the online application here.
A panel of at least two Enactus board members and one member of RILA will review the applications and select the winner.
All entries must be submitted on-line by January 15, 2014, at 5:00 p.m. CST.