Enactus Emerging Leader Award
To recognize an outstanding university student who has demonstrated proven leadership abilities through their participation on an Enactus team and who exhibits the potential to make significant future leadership contributions to the consumer packaged goods industry.
The recipient of this award will receive:
- $5,000 scholarship award to be used for educational purposes
- Opportunity to attend and be recognized at the annual Grocery Manufacturers Association (GMA) executive conference in June of 2014*
- Paid summer internship at the National GMA headquarters office in Washington, D.C.
In addition, the recipient’s Enactus team will receive:
- $1,000 project grant
*Enactus will pay for all travel related expenses associated with attending the conference for the recipient.
- Be an undergraduate student at a U.S. college/university with at least one more year of class work to complete at that institution.
- Be an active member of an Enactus team and continue as an active member of that team during the following academic year.
- Have an interest in pursuing a career in the consumer packaged goods industry.
- Be able to accept a summer internship at the National GMA Headquarters in Washington, D.C.
- Be able to attend the annual GMA executive conference to accept the award.
Applicants will be evaluated based on how effectively they were able to unite their team around a shared purpose and, through their leadership influence, elevate the individual performance of their fellow team members and the overall impact achieved by the Enactus team.
Applicants must submit the following information online:
- Cover page with applicant’s name, name of college/ university, graduation date, phone number, e-mail address and award name.
- Self-nomination letter (two pages maximum) addressing the following two questions:
- How have you influenced your Enactus team members to unite around a shared purpose in such a way that it elevated the individual performance of your fellow team members and the overall impact achieved by your team? Please provide examples.
- How have your leadership experiences in Enactus changed your life?
- Two reference letters (one page maximum per letter), one from your Sam Walton Fellow and one from a fellow teammate, addressing the following question:
- How has the applicant positively influenced their Enactus team members to unite around a shared purpose in such a way that it elevated the individual performance of fellow team members and the overall impact achieved by the team? Please provide examples.
To apply on-line, please click here.
A panel of at least three Enactus board members will review the applications and select the recipient.
All entries must be received through the online application process by February 1, 2013, at 5:00 p.m. CST.