Academic Leaders Symposium
Enactus is in the unique position to have a well-established, network that encompasses over 2,000 distinguished faculty with expertise in social entrepreneurship from over 1,700 universities/colleges in 36 countries. As a network, our goal is to capture and disseminate knowledge and expertise around social entrepreneurial action and social innovation.
We are thrilled to announce two inaugural faculty advisor research sessions that will be held at the Enactus US Expo on Sunday, May 5th, 2019 from 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM in Kansas City, Missouri. These new sessions will provide Enactus Faculty Advisors with a format to showcase and share their research.
In accordance with these two sessions, we invite the submission of abstracts in three areas theoretical, empirical, and experimental studies (best practice case studies, research in progress, completed research, submitted research and/or published research).
The submissions should be in the areas of:
- Social Entrepreneurship- The use of start-up companies and other entrepreneurs to develop, fund and implement solutions to social, cultural, or environmental issues. This concept may be applied to a variety of organizations with different sizes, aims, and beliefs (Oklahoma Baptist University, OBU Magazine).
- Social Innovation- New strategies, concepts, ideas and organizations that aim to meet social needs resulting from working conditions, education, community development, and health. These ideas are created with the goal of extending and strengthening civil society (Calgary’s Network for Collaborative Social Innovation).
- Research related to Enactus Community- Connecting students, academic and business leaders through entrepreneurial-based projects which empower people to transform opportunities into real, sustainable progress for themselves and their communities (Enactus United States).
Faculty Advisors Best Practice Session & Academic Research Poster Presentation:
Sunday May 5, 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
Enactus Faculty Advisors are invited to submit a poster presentation proposal for display at this session. Poster topics should parallel the criteria stated above, social entrepreneurship, social innovation and research related to Enactus community. If your work includes student researcher(s) you are encouraged to include them in the poster formation and presentation.
If your poster is selected it will be displayed at the event. Poster presenters will be required to attend and participate in a question and answer session regarding the poster being presented. The posters should be 48”X36” (121.92cm x 91.44cm) in landscape orientation. Posters will be displayed on the conference room wall and Enactus will provide the materials to mount the poster.
Below are some resources for designing an effective research poster:
Academic Leaders Symposium: Sunday May 5, 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Enactus Faculty Advisors are invited to submit a research presentation proposal for this event. Six proposals will be selected for presentation at the event. The research presenters will be required to present a 10-minute overview of their research. There will be a 5 minutes Q&A session to follow the presentation. Enactus will provide access to a HDMI projector, screen and a microphone.
Faculty Advisors are invited to submit their research for one or both sessions. A committee of Enactus Faculty Advisors from the US network have been chosen to review all submissions. This will be a blind peer review.
Please click on the link below to upload your research abstract (in English and in PDF) for the poster presentation and/or the symposium. Please limit your abstract to 1,000 words or less. Please note that the uploaded file should be in a PDF format and cannot exceed 16MB. Your abstract should contain the following:
- Clear problem statement
- Research objective
- Methodology, key findings, and interpretations and conclusions (if available at the time of submission)
- Relevance to the Enactus community, social entrepreneurship or social innovation
Please note: all proposals must be submitted and presented in English.
Research Papers and Poster Presentation Submission Timeline:
Call for Papers & Poster Presentation Release: Thursday, 20 December 2018
Paper & Poster Presentation Submissions Deadline: Thursday, 28 February 2019 at 11:59 PM (EST)
Paper & Poster Presentation Notification of Acceptance: Friday, 22 March 2019