New this year, Walmart and Sam’s Club are sponsoring travel grants for up to 18 Enactus USA teams to attend a Career Summit. The grant is available for students potentially not able to attend a Career Summit due to distance from host location. The grant will be offered in the form of a reimbursement of approved travel expenses.
We are excited to offer this opportunity to Enactus USA teams this year and thank Walmart and Sam’s Club for their continued support of our organization and initiatives to build engagement!
The Enactus Career Summit is a one day event focused 100% on your career development. At this summit, you will have the opportunity to have your resume reviewed by professionals, participate in a career fair, network with recruiters and fellow students, and engage in interactive content from subject matter experts. The topics range from the modern day resume to how to rock your LinkedIn profile.
Many of our partner companies do their hiring in the fall which is why we are excited to bring Enactus USA students these events for 2017. Not only will you leave the event with knowledge to better position yourself as a professional, you could land an internship or full-time job with an Enactus partner!
Who Is Eligible?
Teams that are at least 100 miles from a Career Summit are eligible to apply for a travel grant.
Teams that receive the travel grant will also need to meet the following criteria:
- Located at least 100 miles away from a Career Summit.
- Submit an application and detail why you would benefit from attending a Career Summit.
- Be able to send a minimum of four (4) students to the events who are sophomores, juniors or seniors in credit hours. Freshmen attendance cannot be funded through the grant, however, are welcome to attend.
- Register for a Career Summit. Each advisor and student planning to attend must register for the event. If you do not have an Enactus account, you can create one.
- Submit your resume. Each student planning to attend must submit his/her resume to Enactus USA at least two weeks prior to the Career Summit.
How Will It Work?
Eligible teams should apply no later than September 15, 2017 at 5:00 p.m. Central Time. Applications will be reviewed and up to 18 teams will be selected to receive a travel grant. Awarded teams will be notified of the approval travel grant amount. Approved amounts will be based on financial need and the budgeted expenses provided by each team. The awarded teams are responsible for booking travel and making financial arrangements for your attendees to attend the Career Summit. A reimbursement expense form will be sent to awarded teams before travel departure. Reimbursements will be sent in the form on a mailed check.