Enactus Emerging Leader Award Presented in Honor of Manly Molpus
To recognize an Enactus student who demonstrates leadership and exhibits the potential to make significant contributions to the Consumer Packaged Goods industry.
The recipient of this award will receive:
- $5,000 scholarship award for educational purposes
- Opportunity to attend and be recognized at the annual Grocery Manufacturers Association (GMA)** Leadership Forum***
- Paid summer internship at the GMA headquarters in Washington, D.C.
In addition, the recipient’s Enactus team will receive:
- $1,000 project grant
**The Grocery Manufacturers Association (GMA) is the voice of more than 300 leading food, beverage, and consumer product companies that sustain and enhance the quality of life for hundreds of millions of people in the United States and around the globe. GMA supports Enactus in encouraging university students' entrepreneurial spirit.
Manly Molpus is a trusted and experienced advisor for the CPG industry. He served as President and Chief Executive Officer of GMA from 1990-2006 and as Interim CEO in 2008 and 2009. This scholarship honors his service and continued advocacy for the CPG industry.
***Enactus will pay for all travel related expenses associated with the recipient's GMA Leadership Forum attendance.
Internship & Award Travel
This internship is an exciting opportunity to work with GMA staff and a chance to network with CPG industry leaders.
- The paid internship is 8 weeks and traditionally starts late May.
- The recipient is responsible for relocation and housing costs.
- GMA may assist in identifying housing options.
- Enactus will cover the recipient's travel expenses to and from the GMA Leadership Forum.
- The recipient will serve as a GMA staff member during the Leadership Forum.
A qualified applicant must be:
- An Enactus team active member during the application year.
- At least a junior in credit hours at a U.S. college or university.
- Interested in pursuing a career in the Consumer Packaged Goods industry.
- Able to fulfill a summer internship at GMA Headquarters in Washington, D.C.
Applicants will be evaluated based on how effectively they were able to unite their team around a shared purpose. Students should also share examples of how their leadership has elevated the performance of fellow team members and the overall impact achieved by the team. "Leadership" refers to students who have taken on additional responsibilities - not just executive team members.
- A 6,000 character maximum essay addressing the following questions:
- How did you encourage your team to unite around a common goal to elevate performance and overall impact? Please provide examples.
- How did Enactus develop your leadership skills and impact your life?
- What do you hope to gain through a Grocery Manufacturers Association internship? Why are you interested in the CPG industry?
- Two reference letters (one page maximum per letter), one from your Enactus Faculty Advisor and one from a fellow teammate, addressing the following question:
- How did the applicant encourage your team to unite around a common goal to elevate performance and overall impact? Please provide examples.
- Online Application Open: September 15, 2017
- Application Deadline: January 22, 2018
- Recipient Notification: April 15, 2018
GMA staff and at least two Enactus board members will review the applications and select the recipient.