2017 Walmart-Sam’s Club Enactus USA National Exposition Travel Grant for Developing Teams
New this year, Walmart and Sam’s Club are sponsoring travel grants for six (6) developing teams to attend the National Exposition in Kansas City, MO. The grant is available for teams that have never attended an Enactus USA National Exposition and will be based on multiple factors, including financial need, need for mentorship as a first-time team at the event, and additional measures of eligibility. The grants will be offered in the form of a reimbursement of approved travel expense.
Teams attending the National Expo through the assistance of the grant will be paired with a veteran Enactus team to shadow that team throughout the event and receive general mentorship regarding the competition process and team sustainability. Teams selected to receive this grant will also be required to attend a new team orientation and additional events throughout the 3-day competition to ensure a fully comprehensive experience.
We are excited to be able to offer this opportunity to Enactus USA teams this year and thank Walmart and Sam’s Club for their continued support of our organization and initiatives to build engagement.
Who Is Eligible?
Teams intending to attend the Enactus USA National Exposition for the first time this year are eligible to apply for this grant. Teams that fall into that category may include:
- Rookie teams competing at the National Expo for the first time.
- Rookie teams that competed in a 2017 Regional Competition for the first time this year but did not advance as Regional Champion and like to attend the National Expo to observe.
- Observing teams attending the National Expo for the first time with the intention of learning from the experience to compete for the first-time next year.
Teams that receive the travel grant will also need to meet the following criteria:
- Must be able to demonstrate the need for financial assistance to travel to the National Expo.
- Must be able to demonstrate the need for mentorship as a team new to the competition process as well as why/how your team feels they will be able to improve their sustainability from attending the National Expo.
- Must be able to send a minimum of four (4) attendees to the event, including one (1) faculty advisor.
- Each advisor and student planning to attend must have a registered account through Enactus USA. To create an Enactus student or advisor account click here.
- Each attendee must be registered to attend the 2017 Enactus USA National Exposition. To register as an attendee, click here.
- Each student planning to attend must upload a copy of his or her resume on page one (1) of the Enactus USA National Expo student registration (link above).
- Each team selected to receive a grant must be able to be present at the Kansas City Convention Center by 1:30 p.m. CST on Sunday, May 21, 2017 to attend the New Team Orientation.
- Teams must be present for the entire event, from Sunday, May 21st to Tuesday, May 23rd, 2017 in order to shadow a veteran team and attend events specified on the agenda given at the New Team Orientation.
How Will It Work?
Teams that are eligible for the grant can apply by submitting an application via the link below no later than 11:59 p.m. Central (CST) on Sunday, April 30, 2017. Applications will be reviewed and six (6) teams will be selected to receive the travel grant. The teams selected to receive the grant will be notified of the amount of that is approved for their travel costs. Approved amounts will be based on financial need and the budgeted expenses provided by the team. The team will then be responsible for booking travel and making financial arrangements to get to the National Expo. A check for the approved amount will be mailed to the team after the team attends the National Expo and meets the requirements listed above to serve as a reimbursement for travel expenses.
Applicant teams will be notified of grant approval or denial via email by Monday, May 8.
For questions regarding the 2017 Walmart-Sam’s Club Enactus USA National Exposition Travel Grant, please contact:
Project Manager, Enactus USA