Virtual Competition - Monday APRIL 03
Walmart Global People Center (GPC)
508 SW 8th St
Bentonville, AR 72716
Click below for event registration
Virtual Regional Information for Students:
In 2016, Enactus United States piloted with roughly 15 teams a new opportunity for engagement in the Enactus Regional Competitions: Virtual Regional Competitions. We understand the financial barrier for teams who are not geographically located in close proximity to regional city locations and want to provide you with the option in fully engaging in the Enactus network and an opportunity for your team to have a pipeline to the National Exposition. This year, all teams outside of a 300-mile radius will be eligible to participate in the 2017 Virtual Regionals.
Who Is Eligible?
Teams located outside of a 300-mile radius of a 2017 Regional Competition location are eligible to compete in the 2017 Virtual Regional Competition, which will be held on Monday, April 3rd; however, only 40 teams will be allowed to virtually compete due to space limitations. Registration will go live on Wednesday, February 1st at 12:00 PM CST.
How Will It Work?
Teams participating in the virtual regional will need to submit all competition documents to Enactus United States by Wednesday, March 22nd, 2017 to be eligible to compete in the 2017 Virtual Regional Competition.
The competition will follow the following format:
- Enactus USA will have competition rooms at Walmart Headquarters in Bentonville, AR designated for the Virtual Regional. Teams competing in the Virtual Competition will only be competing against other virtual teams.
- All Virtual Competition judging will occur in person. Judges will be randomly assigned to league rooms. All judges will be required to remain in league rooms during all presentations. Any judges leaving during a presentation will be unable to vote during the scoring process.
- Enactus USA will provide two screens to display the presentation materials provided by the virtually competing Enactus teams. One screen will display the Enactus team’s student oral presentation and the other screen will display a timed or recorded audio/visual presentation to accompany the team’s presentation script.
- Each team will receive 25 minutes to present, which will be comprised of the following: (a) Three-minute set up period where two (2) Enactus staff will distribute pre-printed annual reports and team biographies provided by the competing Enactus team, (b) 17 minutes for the pre-recorded oral and audiovisual presentation, and (c) a live-streamed 5 minute question and answer (Q&A) session.
- For the Q&A period, teams will be asked to join the league room via a GoTo Meeting videoconferencing link provided by Enactus USA. At a minimum, the presenting students should be present for the Q&A period yet all active Enactus students are eligible to participate in the Q&A just like at a live Regional Competition. One day prior to the competition, Enactus USA will provide a “tech check” period to ensure all audio and video is working for the team to join the virtual competition room. On the day of the competition, teams will have a specific time where they will need to join the GoTo Meeting videoconferencing link to be prepared for the 5-minute Q&A period.
- After all teams have presented in the virtual competition league, judges will begin the voting process to select Regional Champions. For leagues with 4 or 5 teams, Enactus USA will advance two teams as Regional Champions. For leagues with 6 to 7 teams, Enactus USA will advance three teams as Regional Champions. All Virtual Regional Champions will receive a trophy to be sent to them via the postal service and $1,000 Prize Money to be used toward travel to National Exposition. Please review Page 13 in the Enactus United States Team Handbook Companion for more information on regional advancement and allotment of prize money. All Regional Champion teams will be expected to compete live at the 2017 National Exposition in Kansas City, MO on May 21-23, 2017.
What Does My Team Need to Do:
- Register for the Virtual. Registration will go live on Wednesday, February 1st at 12:00 PM CST.
- Submit an initial Team Portfolio Report by February 22nd, 2017. This document can be updated until June 1st, 2017 but the initial document will need to be completed prior to the virtual competition.
- Submit the following to Enactus United States by Wednesday, March 22nd, 2017 by 5:00 PM CT
- Presentation Materials: (1) One video of the Enactus presentation team giving their 17-minute oral presentation. (2) One timed multimedia presentation (PowerPoint or timed mp4 video\presentation ONLY). This presentation must be timed and correlate with the oral presentation from the team as Enactus United States will not be controlling any slide decks or presentation materials.
Teams should upload their videos in the highest quality setting to a cloud-based storage site and send a direct download link to Stephen Robertson at email@example.com by no later than Wednesday, March 22nd, 2017.
NOTE: Since you are representing your institution and Enactus United States as a whole, we strongly encourage teams to ensure their recorded oral presentation is as professional and quality as an in-person presentation. All presentations will be reviewed. Enactus USA reserves the right to request edits if quality standards are not met.
- Annual Reports & Team Biographies: Twenty-five (25) Annual Reports and Team Biographies (optional, see Enactus Team Handbook for guidelines) should be printed by the Enactus team and sent to Enactus United States headquarters to be received by Wednesday, March 22nd,. Please send printed annual reports and optional team biographies to Michelle Nevels, 1959 E. Kerr St, Springfield, MO 65803.
- Project Verification Form: Please include a printed and signed version of the project verification with the annual reports. You can find the Project Verification form on the Enactus United States Competition Resources page.
- Ensure you have a working videoconferencing hardware for the Q&A Period of your presentation.
- Timing Slides in PowerPoint: Click here